Putting Passion, Abilities and Opportunity to Work
It’s amazing to see a leader come alive when their passion and abilities align with opportunities. It’s what happens when all the right ingredients combine to produce something great.
Yet it rarely happens that our passion, abilities and opportunity all line up at the exact same time.
Often one’s passion is high, while abilities might be low or the opportunity just isn’t right. Or perhaps the opportunity arrives and the abilities are there but one finds themselves zapped of strength and passion.
- Passion is in most leaders, sometimes in the form of ambition and other times inspiration.
- Abilities are developed over time via experience, life and learning.
- Opportunity arises fewer than passion and abilities as it is about timing in the right partnerships or business.
Lining them all up can seem almost impossible at times… but there is a way to better the odds.
- Hone your passion to be all consuming.
- Work on your specific abilities and strengths, learn what they are and how to maximize them.
- Focus on serving OTHER people versus simply your self. In doing this you will find your opportunities happen more often because, when you are focused outwardly, you will worry less about missing opportunities and naturally step into them with ease and grace. Opportunity will then find you rather than you searching for it.