It’s been said that Leaders are Readers. I agree.
Every effective leader that I know is one who is continually learning. They don’t think they know it all, instead they are always on the look out for new ideas, inspiration, and nuggets of wisdom.
Books are a great resource that any leader can use to better themselves and those around them.
Here are 10 books that I have read and that I think every leader should read:
- The One-Life Solution: Reclaim Your Personal Life While Achieving Greater Professional Success by Henry Cloud
- Leading with a Limp: Take Full Advantage of Your Most Powerful Weakness by Dan Allender
- Derailed: Five Lessons Learned from Catastrophic Failures of Leadership by Tim Irwin
- Working Together: Why Great Partnerships Succeed by Michael Eisner
- Fired Up or Burned Out by Michael Stallard
- Walt Disney by Bob Thomas
- Today We Are Rich: Harnessing the Power of Total Confidence by Tim Sanders
- 5 Temptations of a CEO by Pat Lencioni
- Humility by Andrew Murray
- TrueFaced by Bill Thrall, Bruce McNicol, and John Lynch
As a bonus read, I’d also suggest Leadership Is Dead: How Influence is Reviving It. Yes, it’s my own book so I am biased but I believe it is a book that will help leaders in a big way (that’s why I wrote it).
What about you? What book(s) would you add to this list for leaders to read?Related posts: